Saturday, July 19, 2014

A Love Story (five)

by Prabhavathi Jai
Though the hearts are two,
Let the beats be one.
Plant the kiss on the cheeks of your dear,
You will find the heaven is not far, but near.

FIVE
" Prabha, please sing a song for me".
I was a student of Karnatak sangeeth 
and Bharat Natyam, Jai knew it.
I started singing a song in tamil :

   Kannum kannum pesiyathum unnal androe
 Inba kadhal isai padiyathum neeyo androe
Pen manathil yetri vaitha deepam allava
Oli pirakkum munne anaithal pavam allava ...

meaning,


Our eyes spoke because of you ? 
You recited the pleasant love songs ?
The lamp was lit  in the heart of the lady ?
Before the light emanates
Is it not a sin to put off the lamp ?...

I did not understand why I recited the song. Jai enjoyed it.
          "Beautiful, wonderful, very nice. please sing once more. I like it".
I repeated singing the song.

After this, Jai told me, "You study for some time.  I will sleep".
He slept on the bench. 

I sat by his side and started studying happily.  
By the time he woke up, I completed studying and revision.

Jai told, 'Because of late night studies, 

I feel sleepy during the day.
Prabha, you take the food. We will move after that ".

"Jai, you take the curd rice which I have brought".
"No Prabha I will just taste one spoon". He tasted.
 "Nice. It is very  tasty with the mango pickles. You take it now".

I ate and fed him with my hands. 

"Oh, now it is more tasty. wait, wait".
He held my hand and licked with his tongue.  

"Oh, this is the reason.
The taste is from the beautiful hands of my beautiful Prabha. 

Then, Let us eat".

We moved. " I have taken the curd rice. you take some thing.
 What will you have, Prabha?"
" Ice cream, Jai"
" OK, By taking more ice-cream, my olli Pappa (lean girl) 
will become gundu Pappa (fat girl)", Jai was making fun.

 MY JAI   
was a handsome and majestic person,
intelligent and innocent, kind and considerate, 
hardworking and relaxing, shy and stubborn, 
polite and strong, principled but lenient, 
helping and strict, a leader and a worker. 
He was sporting slightly long curly hair 
and line moustache with boyish look.  

His kind and clear eyes always searching for something.

 The horizontal wrinkles appearing on his broad forehead
indicating his deep thoughts and knowledge. 
smiling face, shapely nose, friendly attitude 
- I liked everything and I loved him from 
the core of my heart and mind.  
From the first sight, I knew that he is
 made for me - only for me.
Without him I was a nought (0).  

With him, I was everything.
He was my life's goal, attainment and ultimate.
Our love grew without any problem meeting daily on the road,
near my house,college, temple, park, supermarket etc.
 The day without seeing him was like a hell,  

I wept  without any control.

Jai, I knew, he loved me. But, he behaved with me
with utmost dignity and control.  

Even If he had made any advances, I would have
submitted myself without any hesitation.  

I had complete faith on him.  He had sublimity,
also never taken advantage of my obvious volatility to him.  

My Jai was different.  
Virtue was his forte. 
I felt safe and secure with him.

One day he met me and silently put two Gold medals
and one silver medal on my neck.  

"They are all yours, Prabha.
 It is all because of you. For meeting you, 

I went to Gym regularly both morning and evening.  
So it was very easy to win in the meet.

With the medals, you look very beautiful.  so you keep them.
Let my Maharani (Queen) wear the Medals now. 

Soon I will get a Diamond studded 
golden crown to my beauty Queen."   
I was very happy. I could not control.  
I rushed and planted a long kiss.
Jai responded.  " Have you  taken any sweet? 

Your lips taste very sweet."
                                              
My Jai won the point and the game:   
Jai  ..........1
                                                           Prabha ...... 0
                                                            (My Jai should always win !?)

                                                 
*****
True Love:
Dedication and surrendering.
No ego or arrogance but submission.
Proud to be possessive and happy to be possessed.
It is a typical mutual honor and adoration
Better one experiences it, than describing.
What else I can write ?

                                                                                                      pj  
   *     
குறிக்கொண்டு நோக்காமை அல்லால் ஒருகண்      
சிறக்கணித்தாள்  போல  நகும் .
                                                                                       - திருக்குறள் :1095.
Without looking at me directly, she will smile
with one eye partially closed
*

No comments:

Post a Comment