Wednesday, July 16, 2014

A Love Story (Two)

by Prabhavathi Jai

In love, it is joyful pleasure to meet
Also, it is painful pleasure to wait.
TWO
*


Search Results

 I narrated the incidence of mishap to Padmini, my elder sister.  
She asked me why I have done such a thing.
"He will be all right soon", she consoled me.
Next day my eyes were searching for him.
No, he was not there.
What happened to him? Whom to ask?
I was restless. I wanted to see and tell him
every thing and ask him to excuse me.

No, he did not turn up . How I played with the
 life of an innocent person.
What wrong he has done to me.
Then why I have played the mischief
without knowing the consequences.
Oh God, where is he?
Nothing should have happened to him.

Days went on......
one, two, three, four, five...... ten........fifteen .......
No, I could not see him.
Waiting for him !
 
After long twenty days anxious wait, 

I saw him coming towards me limping his right leg. 
On seeing me, he felt shy and guilty
and crossed to the other side of the road with difficulty.

No, I could not tolerate any more. I rushed to him.

"How are you? All your problems because of me 
and my foolish action. I am very sorry.  
Please excuse me."
" No, no, I should have been more careful.  It is not your fault.' 
He absolved me from my guilty feeling. 
" I was more worried about you.
But I have seen you all right."  What a magnanimity !

" Now how do you feel? Is it paining? " 
"No,no, Doctor has told me I will be all right in a week" he smiled affectionately. 
He then asked me hesitantly," Your good name?"
" Prabhavathi. We live in the quarters opposite to your  College Hostel.
I am studying in the Women's College at Peelamedu. "
       "Very good. I am Jai studying in Engineering college, GCT.
OK. It is getting late. Reach home early.
I will practice some walking. It is long since I walked.
My friends used to take me to the college in their vehicle.
OK, Prabha, relax. Study well and take care. See you. Bye"
   After talking to Jai,  my heart  has become very light.
I was flying in Heaven with wings like a Fairy.
The sky full of stars and moon. 
Am I Fairy?
The gardens full of 
my favorite fragrant Jasmine and roses - to say,
I was feeling very happy.  I don't know why!?
Love birds singing.
Butterflies dancing and flying.

After reaching home, I washed myself, thanked God
and prayed for a long time. 

Seeing my long prayer my mother asked me,
" are you praying 
for your forthcoming Exam? Good. Good. " 


My elder sister, Padmini understood and winked her eyes.
I shook my head in the affirmative.
" I saw Jai to-day and talked to him" I whispered.
         " No harm to Jai. He is OK and will be better soon."
"Jai ?", Padmini smiled meaningfully.
I told her every thing.
                                                                                My Jai scored (15-0) 
                                                              Fifteen-Love
                                                                                                  .............contd.                                     *****
People often say, Love is blind,
But lovers, it is said, are also mad.
While in the grip of love, they behave like intoxicated people,
They themselves talk, laugh, weep, get anger and 

become emotional forming their separate own world.

What parents could not do for 20, 25 years, lovers achieve instantly.
He leaves smoking, drinking and other vices readily,

for the sake of love.
  Love is a great inspirational force, 

Kingdoms have been lost or gained.
Though generally, love is during adolescence, there is no age limit .

 Love is such a driving force, makes them very active and effective,
The body shows glow and shine with increased sex hormones.
For ladies, during separation, the skin turns pale and green.

Here, Prabha feels and repents for her unintentional action.
   Lovers do not tolerate any difficulty, trouble
or harm to the person whom they  love.
They quickly and readily react.

*
                                                                                              - pj

Kan kalavu kollum siru nokkam kamathil
Sem baagham andru perithu.                  
                                                 -Thirukkural : 1092.
 In love, her short stealing look is not 
the same and similar, 
                                 but with enlarged outlook.                                 
              *                 

No comments:

Post a Comment