Thursday, July 17, 2014

A Love Story (Three)

by Prabhavathi Jai

Till yesterday, you were in my eyes,
Today, you have haunted my heart,
From tomorrow, I will be walking with you,
Like the shadow in the light.

THREE

My mother called me and told , 
                    "Prabha, go to Chinthamani (Super market) 
and get all the items in the list.  
The list and the money is kept on the table.
The items are required for the pooja on Friday.   
Also, purchase some good camphor. 
Start immediately.  
If you go in the morning, there won't be much rush."
"No mummy, why can't you send Padmini. I have to read a lot."
"She has to do some house-hold work. You go now."

I started reluctantly.  
While making the purchase, I heard the familiar voice.  
My heart skipped a beat.
"Kala, Please give me urgently.  
one small pocket Surf.  
Two Margo soaps.  
one medium Close up paste. 
one pocket 7 'O clock blade.
Old Spice shaving cream one ............" 
The girl was obliging him with a smile.

"Jai, you, here?  Do you know the sales girl? 
You called her by name?"
"Yes, I know her. I come here often.  
If your billing is over, give it to me. 
I am a member and can get you some rebate. "
Jai paid the bill and  I got Rs. 80/- as rebate.

"OK, Prabha come we will take some coffee". We came out.
" Jai, I want ice-cream." (It was Jai ice-cream)
" Good, you take ice cream. 
I will have Vada and coffee. 
"Prabha,do you like it?"
" I like Jai."
   "What"
" I like 'Jai' ice cream".  We both laughed.
"Thank you, Jai"

Jai carried all the items in his Sports cycle and 
we proceeded to my house by walk.  
"OK, Prabha how your preparation for the
final Exam is going on?"
"Good in all subjects, except Maths"
        "Don't worry. You give your Maths book to me for a day or two"

After three days, he took me  to VOC park 
and handed over three 200-page full size note books .  
He has worked out systematically and
 neatly in his beautiful hand writing 
past 5 years  question papers step-by-step.
You  read and  work out all the problems.  
If you have any doubt or difficulty you note down. 
I will explain and make you understand. 
Now, you go to your college. 
Be sure, you will get good marks."

He had worked out all the problems step by step and giving
remarks and analogy.  It was very easy to understand.
I never seen mathematics this easy to score.
Jai had spent sleepless
nights to prepare the answer sheets for me. 

I met him again and got clarified my doubts. 
His explanations were straight and to my understanding. 
He was very patient and clear in his explaining.  
Whenever I took the note books, his face will appear
and encourage.  ( I scored 98% in the final).

He is my Jai, only  for me.

                         
                                                                  My jai has again scored the point 
                                                                                              (30-0)   Thirty-Love.
 *****
With the thoughts of  the person whom one loves,
after long separation when they meet unexpectedly,
the excitation is unmentionable. 

The happiness like heavy flood flowing 
breaking the river banks.

She finds reasons for continued union.
Let us see how the mathematics help them.
Prabha, she is very happy and has become
very possessive in telling,
"My Jai, only for me"
Beautiful young Girl !

And handsome youthful guy !
                                                                                     - pj
*
Nokkinaal nokki irainginaal agthu aval
yappinul attiya neer
                                               -Thirukkural : 1093.
She looked at me;
When I saw her seeing me,
with shy, she looked other way.
This action is like pouring water to
the growth of her love plant.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment