Thursday, July 10, 2014

PUKAR : Her Calling.

(The Agony of a Spirit)
When she was alive, I lost my sleep happily,
Even after her departure from the world,
I live without sleep, but sorrowfully and with tears. 
After finishing my day's work
I extend myself on the bed
and close my eyes in an attempt to sleep
and there immediately she comes.

Approaching sound of foot steps and appearing of
Shadow of a woman on the glass pans of the window
Her shrill familiar voice calling me
in the middle of every night :
"Oooooh! Come, my dear , come,
Come quickly, come to me.
I am waiting for you for long, come
Come without any more delay, come.
"I lived with the warmth of your body.
You liked my fairness and freshness.
You wanted me to dress like your queen.
Come and see me how I appear today.

"See, my condition in the hot sun in the day

Think of my position in the chilly wind in the night,
I am alone in the deserted place, I am afraid , my dear, come,
I am wandering here and there searching for you."
(sobbing)

"Whole day you attend others and care,
Don’t you have some time for me, my darling, come.
Further I can’t wait, come. In your eyes ,
I can always see the hanging tears, in my memory."
(weeping)
"In the late night, when you think of me,
The tears roll down like downpour of rain.
I sit very near to you, you are not able to see me.
I wipe your tears, you are not feeling.

I wanted to live happily with you for ever,

But, I had to leave you alone in the world and go.
Without me you suffer in the world,
I live the life of a spirit wandering here and there."
(sobbing)
"You never used to leave me hungry,
You fed me with food and happiness,
Now, I am hungry for long, see my condition,
Will you able to feed me with your hands?
Come, my dear, quickly come,
I am not able to leave you alone in this world and go.
The full moon is shining very bright,
Always, you liked to stay long with me then. Come."
(laughing)

"Come, my dear, quickly come,
Together, we lived happily for short,
I gave my heart to you,
Where you live for ever.
Your heart is already with me,
Leave your body and join me,
Our souls let them fly high and high,
Until we touch the never ending sky.

Your melodious music,

And my vibrant dance,
Let them produce a coherent mix,
And resonate in the whole universe."
(sound of jingling dancing foot Pads)

"Come, my dear, quickly come,
My wait is for long,
Your unbearable sorrow is more,
Come, come and join me.
And we happily proceed with our journey."

(I open the window doors.
And she turns and with extreme love, looks at me,
Throws a happy smile,
Expecting that I will follow her, she moves.

Sound of jingling foot steps slowly vanishing
and the shadow on the window disappearing,
to reappear again shortly.

But the God of death is merciless.
He is not taking my life and allowing me to join her.
Friend, then how to respond her call, Pukar?
and how to solve her agony of a helpless spirit ?)
*****
Undaar kan alladhu adu nara kamam pol
Kandaar makhizha seithal indru                
                                           -Thirukkural : 1090.
The liquor intoxicates only those who consume,
but she intoxicates all those who just look at her.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment