Monday, July 14, 2014

A Love Story (One)

by Prabhavathi Jai
PYAR TO KIYA, 
 KOI CHORI  NAHIN
 PHIR  DARNA  KYUN  YEH DUNIYA SE 
(You have only made love,
not committed any theft,
 then why should you be afraid of the world
.)
 *****
ONE
     Seen him and Loved him
Love at first sight 
 
WONDERFUL MONUMENT FOR LOVE
     Then I was studying in the Women's College at Peelamedu in 
Coimbatore.  As usual, that day I was returning home
from the college in the evening. I was walking down the
( Forest College  Museum) Cowley Brown Road
from Central Theater. He was coming in front me
along with his friends on the same side of the road.
I saw him making some funny gestures and
telling something to his friends.

 

I thought that he is teasing me and making fun of me.
I stared at him with anger. 
He stopped his gestures and
moved away with his innocence.  Suddenly, I remembered
that these boys daily go to the nearby private Gym.
It also struck to me that the boy was explaining to his friends
the method  of weight-lifting.  I misunderstood his action.
I smiled.  The boy just turned back and seen me 
smiling
without understanding anything.

After a few days, while returning from the college,
I saw him riding a bicycle and coming fast towards me.
God forbid me!  I don't know why the thought
 came to my mind. When he approached very near to me,
I suddenly moved across his cycle.  To avoid hitting me,
he had to ride over the stones heaped on the road side.
In the process, he lost the balance and had a bad fall
from the bicycle and fell on me 
knocking down my books
and lunch box.  But nothing has happened to me.


Stealing a look?
In a taunting way, I took the wooden scale 
in my hand and stared at him with projected anger. 
He was in a mixed feeling of
shock, shy, guilt and pain.


He slowly got up and gathered all my books and lunch box,
cleaned the dust and 
handed over to me with the words,
 " very sorry, excuse me. 
I should have been more careful while riding the bicycle. 
I was in a hurry. What happened to you ?
Are you all right ? Any wounds ? 
Can we go to the Hospital ?"
He was worrying more about me 

with tears hanging in his eyes.

People were gathering and scolding him.
      Then I saw his body full of bruises and bleeding heavily
on both of his knees and right foot.  He slowly lifted
his bicycle and went back to his Hostel. 

He was limping and unsteady.
Drops of blood  all over the road.
                            
Oh God ! What I have done?  It is my foolish action.
The boy's condition was very bad.  I stood there speechless and
action less for long. Tears rolled down my eyes.
 Oh God, the boy should be all right.
Nothing should have happened to him.
That night I could not sleep.


                                                          (0-0)    Love all

                                                                                ........   contd.
xxxxx
Generally, people (male or female) carry a mental picture
of the person of the opposite sex of  their liking,
When the features of the person they meet tallies
with those in their mind, it triggers immediately
 and develops an affection .
This is often described as Love at First Sight.
Here, the girl recklessly wanted to invite the boy's
attention and get sympathy and love by getting wounded.
                                                               But, the boy got badly injured.                                                                                              - prabhavathi jai
*****
Iru nokku ival unkan ullathu oru nokku
Noy nokku; onru an noy marundhu.     
                                                                                        - Thirukkural : 1091
Her beautiful eyes have two looks:
One look makes you sick;
Another, the medicine for the sickness.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment