Saturday, July 26, 2014

A Love Story (Seven)

by Prabhavathi Jai
Love with Charity & Charity with Love
Matter of Feelings and attitude

*
SEVEN
One day Jai informed me, " tomorrow we will go to a 
special place. Will you come with me?
" Sure. Where to? " I asked him.
" You will come to know tomorrow. But I know you will like
the place," Jai declined to reveal.


Next day, Jai took me to a place in an auto. 
We got down from the auto and I saw, 
to my surprise, it was an orphanage, 
Home for Orphans and Destitute Women. 
" What Jai is doing here !?
I asked him, " why we have come here?"
Jai told, " to admit you "
                 " when you are there, why should 
I get admitted here?",
I asked him.
" Are you sure, if I am not there, 
you will come here?" Jai asked.
" Why?" I asked Jai.
" Nothing, just like that." he replied.

 (Then, I was not knowing that I will be a part and parcel 
of this Home in the course of time. 
Fate, nobody can escape from its  clutches.
We will see this later.)

We entered the Home.  
Jai was very familiar with all staff and
inmates, especially children, who gathered around us. 
They called him with every relationship, uncle, brother,............  
One small child reached Jai and called him "appa" (father),  
not knowing the meaning of the word
 but understanding his love.  

Jai took the child  in his arms  and kissed him.
" This child lost his parents in an accident a week before,
while they were working in a construction work. 
Nobody, to look after the child.  
Somebody brought the child  and left  him here."  
Jai explained and handed over the child to me.
THE CHILD LOST HIS PARENTS
 The child holding my cheeks
in his hands called me " Amma " (Mother), 
with an happy smile.
Tears rolled down from my eyes. 
The child wiped the tears
with his hands and shaking his head not to weep.
*****
Helping the needy, is a good deed.
Especially the orphans, destitute women, sick and aged
from poor section of society are badly in need of help.
Any silent help is a welcome gesture.
Whether Jai wanted Prabha to join  with him
in doing this work or a casual visit to the orphanage?
Anyhow introduction to a good noble work.
Jai was aware of the kind softer feelings,

of his beautiful impulsive young girl.  
pj
*
அசையியற்கு  உண்டுஆண்டுஓர்  ஏவர்யான்  நோக்கப் 
 பசையினள்  பைய  நகும்.   
                                                             - Thirukkural : 1098.
She is the extreme moving beauty, 
When I humbly look at her, 
with love she will extend a mild smile.
*
    
Israeli inhuman rocket attack on Ghaza,
killing innocent school children and women,
Big brothers, US and its allies, silently watching.
Tearful Eid.
*

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete