Tuesday, July 22, 2014

A Love Story (Six)

by Prabhavathi Jai
Life consists of many matches,
Some we win, some we lose,
Fairness in the play what it matters,
Fate is your partner whether you like or not.
*

SIX
Good Luck Always
Our  feelings of love, it is very hard to describe.
My mind full of his thoughts, nothing else. 
My body not cooperating with the situations and reality. 
I was in a trance.  I was very very happy in the mood. 
 I was not in my control. I always wanted to be with Jai,
 all my senses longing for his company. 
Often, I used to murmur  or chant Jai...jai....Jai... .    
I was thirsty, I know Jai only can quench my thirst.

This type 
of  feelings, I never experienced before in my life.  
This was new.   My whole body twisting from the tip of my toe to scalp.
No words were sufficient to describe my condition. 
Middle of night, I used get up and see outside the window, 
my lips whispering 'Jai'.
I saw him standing there. What an illusion!

' Prabha.'  Oh! Jai was really standing there outside, 
 full moon shining outside.
He whispered, ' while studying I wanted to take tea. 
I just came this side.
Have you not slept? '  What a telepathy !
' I felt that you are calling me,'  he said.

                   I loved my Jai more than my life. 
 I thought that he was part of me. A better half or (3/4).  
I never tolerated any harm to him
Once when we were together, a scootorist hit Jai on his already
wounded leg.  In pain, Jai  cried ,"Prabha".  
I held the scootorist by his shirt collar and went on slapping him. 
 If Jai had not held me back, 
the condition of the scootorist would have been very bad.
                   
My love to Jai was very strong.  
Even Jai was not knowing the depth until this incidence:
Jai was just joking that I did not love him. 
 He was repeatedly teasing me by narrating a scene:
" Prabha, in due course, you will marry someone selected
by your father and live happily with him.  

If it happens to me to meet you,
you will introduce me to your husband as a ' known person '.  

You will ask me, ' what will you take,sir, coffee or tea? ' 
your children will call me uncle and ask for "Jai" ice cream.
Is it correct, Prabha?"

I was upset by his repeated teasing.

 I never thought of a life without Jai.
                 " Jai, please stop it. you don't know how much I love you.
Now you will see.  I can give my life to prove it."  

Telling this I walked across the road with flowing traffic 
and speeding vehicles in Mettupalayam Road.
           
"OK Prabha, I know you love me so much. 

 I was just joking. come back, please Prabha".  
Jai was pleading for my return.
No, I proceeded further to the middle of the road.
Jai came running after me.
A heavy sound. All came to a standstill.
                " Prabha..........ha........ha........a"

Jai was crying and came running towards me.
                       It was a matter of fraction of a second.
The vehicles pulled the brakes in time.
I escaped unhurt.

The scene:  I was standing in the middle of the road 

with vehicles standing on both of my sides.
The drivers were vehemently scolding us.  

Jai rushed to me and brought me to the side of the road.  
Jai was in deep shock.
In that mood, he slapped me repeatedly. 
                      "Why did you do such a thing?", he asked me in anger.
                       " Then why did you say that I don't  love you?" I retorted.
  
My reply appeared childish to Jai.

 I was smiling, not worrying about the gravity of my deed.
Jai felt for slapping me and wiped my cheeks affectionately.
I drew  very close  to him and held his hand tightly and happily.

Jai murmured,
" I don't know what to do with this mad girl."
                  "Yes Jai, I'm mad of you, OK?", I replied.
                  "Oh God ! save me from this mad girl.
Let good sense prevail on this girl," Jai told,
raising both his hands towards the sky.

We both laughed in unison,
people not knowing the reason and
surprised at our odd 
behavior
*****
I stated earlier, Love is not only blind,
Lovers are also behave like mad.
It is one such instance.
Though Jai is matured, calm and steady
in his Love, Prabha shows her possessiveness
and intensity, may be young girl with immaturity
or her active nature. Hope, Jai's love will take care of her.
  pj
                                         *                                          
Uraadhavar pol solinum seraar sol
Ollai unarappadum.
                                                   - Thirukkural - 1096.

Even if she speaks differently and pose like a stranger,
It will be understood correctly as her intense love.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment