Monday, January 23, 2012

a song from the mango grove


love is the blessing, peace is the outcome
*
the melody

space, revolving galaxies
crimson, the sun sets and rises
phases, moon wax and weans
rhythm, sea waves embrace the shore,.
love, kiss and return to come again.
the falls jump from hills,
and the river with turbulence
to the sea it moves,
dark clouds form and pour rain,
floods everywhere,
pleasure with little pain.

anchor lifted,
my boat swiftly moving, capsized,
swam and reached no-man’s land
mango grove, cooing cuckoo welcoming,
“ friend, similar my fate,
seen my mate?
for others we sing
none for us to recite
take me home with you
I’ll sing for you,”

i said,
“ no, no, stormy and bad weather
safely stay put in your nest
shortly your mate will reach here
happy time, mind your breeding next.
different my story,
but nothing much to worry,
like a strange fish, she lives
in the pond of crocodile tears.
invited, visited her house
returned with heavy heart
may god bless !

koyaliya,
I’m taking leave of you,
see you, bye lass !”
sadly waving her wing
cooing cuckoo saying
“ take care my dear, au revoir " 
*****
pic from net

No comments:

Post a Comment